On 2/10/2014 3:23 PM, William Hermans wrote:
> Charles,
>
> Personally, I think the other idea you had ( default device tree overlay ?
> ) is a better idea.  It is kind of the same thing, but perhaps no dynamic
> idea anyhow( live pin-muxing ).

I'm confused, what exactly do you mean?

My idea is basically to enable as much useful SoC hardware as practical
via a single device tree overlay or via a static device tree (on kernels
without the cape manager).  The pinmux helper module then allows
run-time selection of the hardware you want to use for any given pin.

There's no way to avoid playing with the pin multiplexers when the OS is
"live" other than by editing the device tree and reloading.  That's the
problem I'm trying to get around...allowing run-time selection of
hardware without having to understand or compile device tree fragments.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net