Charles,

Ok, my bad I think I confused what you're trying to do with what I
personally would do.

With that said, I can not speak for anyone else, but I would find a cape
manage for 3.13.x useful. In fact not having a way to load a device tree
file via uEnv.txt as with 3.8.x is what is primarily keeping me from  using
3.13.x for the time being. Really, I like some of how 3.13.x is right now (
hard code a device tree overlay it seems ), but short term, I do not have
time to learn how this works. Too many irons, and not enough fires . . . or
something like that ;)