I'm trying to document a recipe for setting up booting to a USB hard drive,
similar to
William Hermans' recipe but using Robert Nelson's distributions.  I've
written everything
mostly from memory from when I set up my SD card and haven't actually sat
down and
followed my own instructions.

I'm still completely in the dark about what changes I need to make to the
SD card's boot
files and what I'll need to do with/in the root filesystem's /boot
directory.  Basically the last
three sections of my document (ignoring the last biblio section).

Please have a look at it and give me any feedback you can.

http://lumpynose.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/beaglebone-black-usb-hard-drive-boot-setup-draft/

Thanks.