@Robert, Oh, I agree. I remember commenting how far even Debian has come in
the last 5 years or so when first working with your images. Then like you
say, uboot is very nice. NIce enough to the point when I first started this
endeavor, I was wondering whether or not I could use grub( because with x86
I knew it fairly well ). Now, I do not even give it a second thought, uboot
works, and works well.

@Rusty,

You may want to rephrase

*"The first partition on the flash card is the boot filesystem, in some DOS
format (one of the FAT flavors most likely) and the second filesystem is
the root filesystem in Linux ext4 format."*
FAT32 is not as well supported as FAT16, and FAT16 is kind of the unwritten
standard for boot media of this type. While In many/most cases FAT32 may
work, it will not always work.

Anyway, just a heads up . ..