I am building a robot that uses an 11.7V battery. I tried attaching  a 5V
regulator to the T5(+)/T8(-) (pins with the T6(SENSE) bridged to T5 and a
10K resistor between T8(TS) and ground. The board only stays on for about
thirty seconds then shuts down. Is it because of the TS? What type of
thermistor does it use? Or should I try to use the barrel jack since
it's not directly connected to a battery?