Jason Kridner <jason.krid...@hangerhead.com> wrote:
[snip]

Thanks for that comprehensive answer - there's several things there I
may look into, in particular using python file i/o to read the data.

> > At present my Python code is carefully masking, shifting and
> > outputting the data bit by bit and I have a horrible suspicion that
> > the library I'm using is carefully doing the opposite before it does
> > the actual write to GPIO. :-)
> >

> What library are you using?

The adafruit one as it seems to be the most univesally used one.  I
looked down in the depths of its library code and it does seem to
write single bits actually.

--
Chris Green
ยท