eMMC controller on am335x is up to  4.3 and  SD spec up 2 SD2.0, so . on
this board .eMMC speed should faster than SD card

Just as an additional

On omap5 and iMX6 , and almost other recently SOC , they will support eMMC
4.4 and SD 3.0

eMMC 4.4 spec define 50M clock DDR mode and 8bit data ,bandwidth is 800Mbps

But SD3.0 spec define SD104 while clock up to 200M , so the bandwidth is
also 800Mbps

use sd  card benifit is easy to replace . and easy to upgrade .

Since I get a bricked samsung S3 , I feel so strong about sdcard rootfs is
necessory .