By the way, if the above does not work, you're going to need to give a
complete description of your setup.

Exactly what you want to achieve. "Storage" is rather vague, a complete
description of what you're trying to do would help much more.

How everything is connected.

Exactly what version of the kernel you're using e.g. uname -a, or
lsb_release -a

Plus anything else you think might be pertinent.

There are definitely multiple ways to skin the proverbial cat as they say.
And I have personally found that RNDIS between Linux and Windows to be very
flaky at best. Lost connections for no apparent reason, very slow
performance, etc.