Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Right click command prompt -> run
as administrator.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1

C:\Windows\system32>devmgmt.msc

Device manager comes up and shows two new devices,

1) Network adapters -> Linux USB RNDIS Ethernet Gadget
2) USB mass storage device ( the one you're wanting )

Also under Network Connections I have a Linux USB RNDIS Ethernet Gadget
local area connection. When first plugged in since I have the drivers
already installed the mass storage device comes up after about a minute.
Clicked open as folder view and all the files like START.htm are present.

The kernel version I am using on the eMMC is still 3.8.11( updated first
week of release once before moving to debian on a uSD card ). This is
Angstrom of course.

Anyway, I have had plans for quite some time to move to a newer kernel on
Debian, I just have not got around to it yet. I think I am using
3.8.11-bone25 ish with a rootfs from sometime around December( also custom
install).

One thing to note: When i first switched to Debian and started caring about
RNDIS / mass storage device etc, I did have problems getting these to come
up at first. The problem as I recall had to do with the Angstrom driver
conflicting with or not acting like the Debian one. SO I had to boot int
safe mode, and manually remove the drivers. Before booting back into
Windows normally, then reinstalling the drivers fresh. However, I do not
recall the exact steps I took to solve this issue . . .