> Oh by the way, the startup script under:
>
> /opt/scripts/boot/am335x_evm.sh loades the gadget module and sets up
> the network udhcp for usb0. But i think you disabled those scripts in
> your image build. so you might have usb0 disabled..

So is this why nothing I have been able to do works?
How do I enable this script when booting? And is this the whole problem.

I would think that this should be fixed before BBB goes with Debian in the
the next go around.

Jerry

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Charles Steinkuehler <
char...@steinkuehler.net> wrote:

> On 4/30/2014 3:19 PM, Robert Nelson wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Charles Steinkuehler
> > <char...@steinkuehler.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm pretty good with networking, but don't generally use wicd or the usb
> >> interface, so I'm not familiar with this issue first-hand.  I guess I've
> >> got some learning to do...since I'm tracking your images for Machinekit,
> >> I've now got wicd in control of my Ethernet port.  :)
> >
> > Oh by the way, the startup script under:
> >
> > /opt/scripts/boot/am335x_evm.sh loades the gadget module and sets up
> > the network udhcp for usb0. But i think you disabled those scripts in
> > your image build. so you might have usb0 disabled..
>
> My new images attempt to stay as close to your BeagleBone Debian images
> as possible, to the point of including the node.js and chromium
> "bloatware" I'd rather see removed.  :)
>
> Hopefully this will make support on our side easier:
>   "I don't know, go ask Robert!"  ;-)
>
> My previous images were based on the minimal Debian builds from your
> script, and I didn't jump through any hoops to try and port the Angstrom
> BeagleBone specific features like usb networking.
>
> ...I did change the desktop background image, but yours is still on the
> /opt partition if folks want to change back.
>
> --
> Charles Steinkuehler
> char...@steinkuehler.net

Extra Ham Operator: K7AZJ
Registered Linux User: 275424
Raspberry Pi and Arduino developer

Those who can read binary and those who can't.