Yes, I did find those. From what I read, it seems that both aim at allowing
the BBB to run when there is no mains power. In my application, I don't
have a need for the BBB to maintain functionality when there is no power
(other than battery). I'm simply interested in ensuring a safe shutdown
sequence when power is removed. It seems from both posts that this has
still not been addressed. These methods are focused on keeping the BBB
running on battery power; however, when the battery discharges, I saw no
discussion about an orderly shutdown occurring. I'm looking for an
immediate, but orderly shutdown, and don't care about sustaining operation
(beyond a safe shutdown) when power is removed.