On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Jason Kridner <jkrid...@beagleboard.org>wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Robert Nelson
> <robertcnel...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Jason Kridner <jkrid...@beagleboard.org
>> > wrote:

>>> Still getting the error and trying to track it down.
>>>

>>  Rename the file and echo it into the slots later once in userspace. (it
>> has the same name as the file built-into the kernel)
>>

> That did it!
>
> BTW, did you see the pull request on cape-firmware? Are we not going to
> encourage cape makers to push their .dts files there? Is there a good
> upstream for them that doesn't involve our massive patch tree?

I was able to get PWM output, but I'm struggling with GPIOs for some reason:

root@beaglebone:~# dash -x `which config-pin` P9_18 out
.
.
.
+ sudo -A su -c echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/direction
+ echo_dbg echo gpio > /sys/devices/ocp.3/P9_18_pinmux.36/state
+ [ -n  ]
+ sudo -A su -c echo gpio > /sys/devices/ocp.3/P9_18_pinmux.36/state
+ exit 0

root@beaglebone:~# cat /sys/devices/ocp.3/P9_18_pinmux.36/state
gpio

root@beaglebone:~# cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio4/direction
out

root@beaglebone:~# fgrep P9_18 /sys/devices/ocp.3/cape-universal.48/status
11 P9_18                      4 IN  0

Thoughts on why this still says "IN" and I don't see output?