The new Debian version did not change non-installation of the Wi-Fi
adapter. I still can't figure out what is missing. Here is a sample from
terminal:

debian@beaglebone:~$ iwlist scan

ra0       Failed to read scan data : Network is down
lo        Interface doesn't support scanning.
eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.
usb0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

debian@beaglebone:~$ iwconfig

ra0       Ralink STA
lo        no wireless extensions.
eth0      no wireless extensions.
usb0      no wireless extensions.

debian@beaglebone:~$ sudo ifup ra0
Ignoring unknown interface ra0=ra0.

debian@beaglebone:~$

This installation is possible via terminal, no? Or must I get a monitor,
keyboard, and mouse connected to BBB?