Hi,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding with a 3.14.x
or newer kernel:

Since it looks like you want continuous sampling you might want to use the
hardware buffer in iio.
Normally you would use something like the generic_buffer.c [1] as a sample
application, but the events were removed from the ti iio driver, so you
need to hack the generic test a bit. Here [2] you can find a patch [3]
based on which you can create your own patch against 3.14.x

Like this you should be able to let the driver A/D sample and form user
space you should be able to read things whenever your process runs.
I don't know your exact problem, but a real-time solution might be needed
if you want to get every A/D sample of 7 channels every 5 ms.

Please let me know how things go.

Regards,

Robert

[1]