Thanks.

I built the 3.7 kernel with default config and replaced the defult
kernel on boot partition, but the board doesn't boot: kernel gets
stuck in a loop printing "empty DMA controller list" error message. Do
I need to downgrade u-boot as well?
Log from serial console is on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/L0XdUgwQ

thx,
j.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Jacek Radzikowski
> <jacek.radzikow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's been a long time since I used my Beagleboard Xm with ULCD7, so
>> yesterday when I dug it out while looking for something else, I wanted
>> to bring it back to life. I wiped the dust from the screen and booted
>> Debian downloaded from http://elinux.org.
>> /BeagleBoardDebian, but this image boots to text console. I haven't
>> used debian before (I really liked Angstrom. Koen did amazing job
>> making Beaglebone boot almost instantaneously, the distro is very
>> nice, and I'm really sorry he's not with CircuitCo anymore), but since
>> this is the current official distribution for Beagle boards, I want to
>> learn how to use it.
>> Having said that, is there an image for Xm which works OOTB with
>> ULCD7? I don't feel confident enough to hack apt-gets to manually
>> install necessary packages to boot the board to graphical environment.
>
> OOTB no.. Not for the ulcd7. Since the change to using device tree's
> by default, i haven't created a dts file specifically for the ulcd7
> yet.
>
> Feel free to use the old "v3.7.x" board file kernel:
>
> http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard#BeagleBoard-OldBoardFiletree

> Robert Nelson
> http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier