Thanks, that helped.
I had to add "buddy2=bbtoys-ulcd" to the kernel options and now I can
see login prompt on the screen (although the screen is shifted). I
installed "xserver-xorg-video-omap3" and "xfce4" packages, but when I
try to start X server manually, it crashes with "no screens found"
error message. Are there additional packages which I should install to
make X start, or is it just a matter of configuring the display? Is
there an example of xorg.conf for XM which I could use?

thx,
j.

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Jacek Radzikowski
> <jacek.radzikow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> After replacing the uboot and DT files, the kernel booted to the point
>> where it tries to mount the SD card, but got stuck on "Waiting for
>> root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."
>> Few lines before the MMC driver reports problems with allocating DMA channel:
>>
>> [    1.585632] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
>> [    1.592132] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
>> [    1.597045] omap_hsmmc mmc.20: unable to select pin group
>> [    1.603057] omap_hsmmc mmc.20: Failed to get debounce clk
>> [    1.608764] /ocp/mmc@4809c000: can't find DMA channel
>> [    1.614074] omap_hsmmc mmc.20: unable to obtain RX DMA engine channel 62
>>
>> U-boot is loading DT configuration from omap3-beagle-xm.dtb, which was
>> built with the kernel. I removed the uEnv.txt file shipped with
>> debian, so u-boot uses its built-in configuration. Since the default
>> config looks for omap3-beagle-xm-ab.dtb, I renamed the
>> omap3-beagle-xm.dtb.
>>
>> I posted the full boot log on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/KgRm8H7X
>
> It's still loading the "device tree binary".. which in v3.7.x didn't work..
>
> You need to tell u-boot to just load zImage and boot directly from it.
>
> I have a note about the uEnv.txt change required here:
> http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBoard#BeagleBoard-uEnv.txtbasedbootscript
>
> You'll have to do something similar.

> Robert Nelson
> http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier