I am also have an issue with USB connectivity.  Got a Rev C board today.
 Plugged it into Ubuntu 12.04, plugged in the BBBrC, nothing appeared in
the log (using dmesg).  Just for kicks pulled USB moused and plugged it
back in and verified the log entry for the mouse.

It should go without saying that ifconfig -a didn't show another interface
other than eth0 for my network card and lo.

It seems that there is some issue with Rev C and USB connectivity.  Another
piece of information, the board was manufactured by Element 14.