I’ve been running ArchLinux ARM on my BBB for about a year.  I liked this
version because it is a very basic Linux variant with little fluff.  I also
tried the official BBB Debian version, which works well but seems to come
preconfigured with some packages and content, for example Apache is
pre-configured with the BBB website.  The official BBB Debian works well
and I have not complaints.

I did want to find a basic Debian version and believe I found one at
*www.armhf.com* <http://www.armhf.com/>.  I’ve been running this Debian
version on the BBB for a few days and it seems to be working well.  I don’t
know much about Debian having used ArchLinux ARM for such a long time, so I
wondered if anyone else was running the ARMhf version from *www.armhf.com*
<http://www.armhf.com/> or if anyone had a suggestion for yet another
Debian version that is more of a “bare metal” version.