I have run ArchLinux ARM on my BBB for quite some times.  I liked this
version of Linux because it was basic and "clean".  It reminds me of the
Unix System V days when everything was based on the command line.

I also tried the official BBB version of Debian, it loaded and worked but
it seemed to come loaded and/or configured with some "stuff" like the
official BBB webpage.  There might have also been some other packages/items
installed/preconfigured on that version, but I am not sure.  Unfortunately
I was not able to get Asterisk/FreePBX to work on the official BBB version
of Debian, which was simply due to my lack of experience with Debian, so I
am not complaining about the official BBB Debian version.

All of this lead me to a minimal version of Debian ARMhf that I found at
www.armhf.com.  I'm currently running this version which seems to be more
of a" bare bones" version of Debian.  So after installation, I load
(apt-get) the packages I want.  With this version I was able to
download/compile/configure Asterisk/FreePBX, which in itself is a pain in
the ass, so I'm happy to get that monster running.

I was curious if anyone else was familiar with www.armhf.com, if they were
running Debian ARMhf and what their thoughts might be.