Jonmar,

Well, you're not exactly being clear as to what exactly you have under your
networking settings for the USB device. On the Windows side.

We need to know( on the windows side ) . .

1) What ip address you gave the interface( you already stated )
2) what subnet mask are you using( not stated )
3) what is the default gateway set to.( also not stated ).

Just typing in an IP address for the interface is not going to do anything.