Supposedly you're supposed to be able to tftp zImage's now days, I've only
ever used uImage. Lately I've stopped using tftp, and only use NFS for the
rootfs.

John Syn recently made a post on these groups saying zImage does work, and
I've read the same a while back from somewhere else. But, I have not tried
or tested it personally. Anyway John gave a supposedly working uEnv,txt
setup, but again "supposedly" because I have not tried or tested it myself.

So searching these groups for "John Syn" and uEnv.txt may yield working
results for you. Sorry but I do not remember the post topic. Also, just as
a FYI, I think you'll find Angstrom on the BBB to be a dead end.