Hi,

On Friday, July 11, 2014 8:31:59 AM UTC+3, Gibson Justian wrote:

> Hi William and John ,
>           Thanks for reply!!!
>                 The uEnv.txt that you have shared across uses the
> kernel_file=zImage
> and initrd_file=initrd.img but after the compilation of the yocto distro
> 1.6 instead of zImage I get the uImage. How to obtain the zImage ?and where
> can I find the initrd.img???
>
> Regards,
> Gibson

I am a bit confused what you are trying to do.

I assume you made a standard Yocto build for the beagle bone black. Do you
want to load the kernel and flat device tree over tftp and the rootfs over
nfs?

Yocto should spit our a uImage and a fdt. [1]

I am not sure networking and nfs support is compiled into the uImage.

This uEnv.txt [2] might help with the right kernel config

Do you still have the problem with loading over tftp?

Can you ping the machine which runs your tftp server from u-boot?

Can you manually load uImage from u-boot?

tftp 0x80300000 <full_path_to_u-boot_where_tftp_exports_it>

in my case:

tftp 0x80300000 beagle-bone-black/uImage

[1]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/beaglebone.conf?id=c4f1f0f491f988901bfd6965f7d10f60cb94a76f
[2]
https://github.com/RobertBerger/meta-mainline/blob/daisy-training-v3.14.x/beagle-bone-black-ml/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot/tftp-nfs-uEnv-beagle-bone-black.txt