Looking at the directions to install:

I am not sure where to copy this download to begin the install.

I have a rev A5 BBB with the standard Angstrom software and a 8GB SD card
with the ...7.5-2014-5-14... release installed.

I want to leave the Angstrom in place and install the 07-06 Debian on the
SD card.

Do I copy to Debian running from the SDcard and follow the install steps?

Also looking in the hwpak folder, I see two possible conf files:
beaglebone.conf and bbb-empty-eprom.conf.  For my case, Debian on SDcard,
which should I use.

Also note that there is a difference in the beaglebone.conf file:

#!/bin/bash
#        --dtb beaglebone (BeagleBone & BeagleBone Black:supported)

SYSTEM="bone"

#Bootloader:
conf_board="am335x_evm"

The 'conf_board="am335x_evm"'   differs from the settings in other conf
files;

for example:  bbb-empty-eprom.conf has:

#!/bin/bash
#        --dtb beaglebone (BeagleBone & BeagleBone Black:supported)

SYSTEM="bone"

#Bootloader:
conf_board="am335x_boneblack"