Hello,

I'm currently working on a kernel module which needs to communicate via SPI
to an external microchip.

I used the cape manager to enable SPI. The device is accessible through
/dev/spidev1.0.
But since it's a kernel module, I guess it's not recommended to access
files via sys_open()?

Another approach I found would be adding a struct to
*arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-am335xevm.c
*and then use *spi_register_driver()* in my kernel module. But in my kernel
sources (3.8.13) this file doesn't exist.

What would be the right way to use SPI in my kernel module?

Regards,
Nils