On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Tristan Phillips
> <tris.phill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, here goes :)
>>
>> Downloaded BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-14.04-console-armhf-2014-07-06-2gb and
>> flashed to SD card
>>
>> git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel.git
>> cd bb-kernel/
>> git checkout origin/am33x-v3.8 -b tmp
>> ./build_kernel.sh
>>
>> Deselected TI ethernet drivers in the menuconfig.  Thats all.
>> Waited for build to complete.
>> tools/install_kernel.sh
>
> So, at this point, you've removed the "initrd.img" from the flasher
> microSD card...
>
>> Waited for copy
>> Ejected and inserted into BBB
>> Attempted boot
>> Cried
>> Posted asking for help
>
> The "flasher" relies on a lot of things to be setup properly.  By
> removing one, it falls apart like a house of cards..

If all you are doing is testing kernel options.. Ignore the eMMC
(infact clear it out: sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk1)

Then just use the microSD image and update the kernel like above..

Once you get your microSD working just right, we can talk again about
the "flasher"...

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/