Brilliant, I was just about to ask that.  So I have my kernel build honed
now, and can get our board without ethernet booting by removing the TI
drivers,  there are other kernel options I will play with later.

So, to sort out a flasher, or use a non flasher as a flasher, even
manually?  (I have had no luck simply touching the trigger file...)

Much appreciated :)