On Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:20:39 AM UTC-4, dan perry wrote:

>    My only micro-computer experience has been using Arduino UNO's for
> about two years.
>    I found the Arduino IDE very simple to use.  Just write a program,
> upload it, and everything usually works just fine.
>    I have written over a hundred programs using it.
>

>    Well about a week ago I received a Beaglebone Black Rev C . I hooked it
> up to my computer, loaded the drivers, read a ton
>    of info on it using Firefox, visited the Cloud9 site, looked at Ytube
> videos, fooled around with a bunch of demos, and perused
>    a slew of BBB web sites.
>
>     Seems great except for one problem.  Although I can now write a
> program that will run on the BBB, I cannot for the life of me figure out
>     how to load my programs into the BBB.
>
>     Arduino:   Write program, upload, and you are done.
>
>          BBB:   Write program, and ???.
>
>      I know it has to be something simple that I am missing.

 If your using a Windows PC WinSCP works great and is recommended in the
Beagle Board books I have.
I use it to send files back and forth to the BBB .
For java script files to execute in Cloud9 they are located at
/var/lib/cloud9
For python programs I copy them over using WinSCP and execute python in
Putty terminal ex python Blink.py
Check out the Adafruit Learn site for some examples

NFS is an interesting idea but WinSCP is easier to get going.
Tom