On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Terje Froysa <terje.fro...@sintef.no> wrote:
> Update:
> Originally there was a "BB-SPIDEV1-00A0.dtbo" in the /lib/firmware
> directory.

They are "built-into" the kernel, thus any "modifications" to the
files under /lib/firmware/ would be ignored.. thus we removed them, as
they just confused users.

> This file loads when enabled in the uEnv.txt.
> The file is unique in the system (checked with find / )
> Pin configuration of the pins if no .dtbo is loaded is 0x000027.
> Experiments:
>
> Changing the name of the original file (and in the uEnv.txt)
>
> The loading fails under boot.
>
> Compiling the "BB-SPI1-SWP-01-00A0.dts" into a file named
> "BB-SPIDEV1-00A0.dtbo" and copying it til /lib/firmware.
> This file swaps the D0 and D1 pins.
>
> The load works, but the pin configuration is identical with the original
> file loaded, i.e. D0/D1 are not swapped...??

Because "BB-SPIDEV1-00A0.dtbo" is built-in, thus the modified version
is not loaded..

>  Compiling same file into "BB-SPIDEV1-SWP-00A0.dtbo", cp to /lib/firmware.
> Removing overlay file load in uEnv.txt and loading BB-SPIDEV1-SWP manually.
>
> The manual load works and pins configuration is changed, D0/D1 are swapped!

It should make sense with the above^

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/