I'm using Derek Molloys device Tree overlays and I'm running debian... I
can't find the folder on my bbb .

But I found the "am335x-bone-common.dtsi
<https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree/blob/master/DTSource3.8.13/am335x-bone-common.dtsi>
" in
https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree/tree/master/DTSource3.8.13
which I have on my bbb. I've commented out the section you mentioned but
nothing changes. Without using or declaring the I2c2 pins in my Device Tree
Overlay I'm able to use all unallocated pins as GPIO Inputs as I declared
them in my Device Tree Overlay.

Did i change the wrong am335x-bone-common.dtsi
<https://github.com/derekmolloy/boneDeviceTree/blob/master/DTSource3.8.13/am335x-bone-common.dtsi>.?

Is there another one elsewhere on the debian distribution or do i have to
copy the changed file into a specific folder?