murrellr-ywtbtysyrb+lz21kgmr...@public.gmane.org writes:

> 1.  Load Putty on my PC.
> 2.  Establish a SSH terminal session to the board.
> 3.  Write my program using VIM (a horrible program to drop on a
> novice, it has a very steep learning curve) or nano (not much
> better).
> 4.  Compile and link my program with gcc, after having to learn its
> command-line interface.
> 5.  Run my program under the gnu debugger, another command-line tool
> with a steep learning curve.

I use Emacs. It's much better than vim. (/me ducks and runs after
trolling a holy war... :p )

> So, now my question.  Is there a easy to use, Windows, graphical
> integrated development environment for developing native Angstrom
> Linux programs for this board?

I don't use Eclipse, but those that do AND work on the BeagleBone say
that Derek Molloy has a good tutorial on setting up a GUI IDE:

http://derekmolloy.ie/beaglebone/setting-up-eclipse-on-the-beaglebone-for-c-development/