Thanks for that link, it is very usefull.
In a meantime my attempt to install a newer version of opencv (following
the instructions from here
http://robertcastle.com/2014/02/installing-opencv-on-a-raspberry-pi/0) has
failed firstly with cmake-curses-gui not working (empty database?)  and
after that (using command line cmake) the building stopped with a error
message of not enough memory.
Jan