On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Greg Kelley <suekkel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I think part of the reason ntp and dhcpclient aren't getting network
> connections at boot is because they are set at S03 in init and wicd is set
> at S06 and is last to get going. It appears that eth0 is not coming up until
> wicd loads?

Correct, wicd set's up eth0, that's how we got the 11-12 second bootup
time. Otherwise if eth0 is handled by /etc/network/interfaces bootup
could last 2 minutes for users who don't connect eth0.  I should
atleast really move ntp from S03 to S06..

> Also, the install-me.sh failed at the end with final zImage copy because it
> creates backups of everything and /boot (92Mb) runs out of space. I had to
> manually remove previous image files from /boot and /boot/uboot then run the
> script so it had room to install everything. Seems /boot partition is too
> small.

Yeah it runs out of space fast.

That's one of the reasons we moved all the boot files out of the 96Mb
boot partition..

You can see the high level details (1) what i did (first implemented
in the july testing image (2))

Basicly, all the kernel/modules/dtbs are now in the big ext4 partition...

1: http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:U-boot_partitioning_layout_2.0

2:
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Debian_Image_Testing_Snapshots

Robert Nelson