Robert,

I discovered the /etc/network/interfaces issue snooping around and just set
eth0 to auto load there and my total boot time is now 7s instead of 12s
with all the ntp and dhcpclient retries gone.

So I guess if using the install-me script, I'll have to manually remove the
previous kernel files in /boot and /boot/uboot before running it so there's
room. Does the .deb file install (apt-get install) also do backups? If so,
it should fail as well. Looks like about 110Mb for /boot partition should
be enough to hold current and backups of previous.

I'm getting a ton of these in syslog at boot:

kernel: [   xx.xxxxxx] unwind: Index not found bf0f4334

Also, I noticed that in a reboot it keeps the current time for all syslog
boot messages, so I know it's getting a full reset randomly because the
time in syslog is from /etc/timestamp (which I update every 15 minutes so I
can tell when it's resetting).