On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Peter Gregory <talkto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had problems getting cross compile to work.
> The kernel needed for ti graphics was different than the linaro toolchain,
> so my cross compile failed even when I specified sysroot as the SD card.
> So, I built the whole thing on the beaglebone.
> To develop applications, I installed QT Creator on a x86 32bit debian image,
> developed the application for the desktop, copied the project to the
> beaglebone and compiled it there.
>
> Here's how I set up my qt 5.3.2 production image:
>
> install base image: bone-debian-7.6-console-armhf-2014-09-04-2gb.img on a SD
> card
>
> Put the SD card in your beaglebone and boot to the SD card

> Change the default password
>
> Enter the following (things to type at the console will start with #, don’t
> type the #)
>

> Change the default password
>

> #passwd
>

> Upgrade the image to latest repositories
>

> #sudo apt-get update
>
> #sudo apt-get upgrade
>

> Install the kernel that works with ti graphics SDK
>

> #sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.14.19-ti-r27

So as of last week you can do:

sudo apt-get install ti-sgx-es8-modules-`uname -r`
sudo depmod -a `uname -r`
sudo update-initramfs -uk `uname -r`

for the sgx modules...

> #git clone https://github.com/RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel-dev.git
>
> #cd ti-linux-kernel-dev
>
> #git checkout 3.14.19-ti-r27
>
> #./build_kernel
>
> #./sgx-build-modules.sh

With the pre-built modules from the repo, you just have to run this to
get the lib's packaged up..

./sgx_create_package.sh

> Copy the compiled ti graphics SDK to the beagle bone
>

> #scp ./release/GFX_5.01.01.01.tar.gz debian@196.168.1.???:~/.
>

> Run the following on your beagle bone
>

> #sudo tar xfv GFX_5.01.01.01.tar.gz -C /
>
> #cd /opt/gfxinstall/
>
> #sudo ./sgx-install.sh
>
> #sudo reboot

Robert Nelson