I've hooked up P9_24 (I2C1_SCL) to my Oscilloscope and observed the
following results with i2cdetect:

   - When using the following command to enable all I2C ports, P9_24
   remains a constant HIGH logic. i.e. no clock signal detected
   *# echo BB-I2C1 > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots*

   - When creating my own I2C device tree overlay, based on this

<https://github.com/beagleboard/devicetree-source/blob/master/arch/arm/boot/dts/BB-I2C1A1-00A0.dts>,

   to enable the real I2C-1 (named I2C-2) the clock line change of logic is
   observable on my scope when trigerred with i2cdetect.

   *# i2cdetect -y -r 2*

   Below is a screenshot from my scope. Clearly the real I2C-1 is now
   enabled.

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tYG_HJlon8U/VDrA8pgQMcI/AAAAAAAABu0/pMwMJCT10KY/s1600/F0000TEK.JPG>

The only problem I now face is that i2cdetect isn't listing my StrongLink
SL030 RFID device at address 0x50. It's as if the SL030 just doesn't
respond...

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-323rnZV2qfM/VDrEUdicP1I/AAAAAAAABu8/z46heuEJtDQ/s1600/i2cdetect-output.jpg>

Any advice is welcome!