Hi, what Target are you trying to construct, as it seems to be you are
trying to construct for the beagleboard, but what was your bitbake command.

First you probably want to clean the state of your build directory to make
sure no garbage was left behind. Then if the problem persists it seems to
be that the recipe is trying to untar an archive which is not in a tar
format.

Could you provide more info

Regards
--Allan Granados