Hello all,

Still very new to the embedded systems world but really love the BBB so far!
I have a project in which I have to sample 4 analog inputs very quickly (at
least 44.1 kHz).

I initially thought of using an external ADC and hooking that up through
the BBB's McASP
interface, but on second thought, I'd like to try it with the BBB's
built-in ADC, which although
is less powerful and precise, might be able to do the trick (and would
serve as a good
stepping stone for more involved work if needed).

So the idea is pretty straight-forward: use the PRU to read in the ADC
signals, put in a
circular buffer, and signal the other PRU as needed to transfer chunks to
the main RAM for
processing.

However, I do worry about the sampling rate. Although the PRU is very
deterministic, it
seems like accesses through the L3/L4 interconnects are not, i.e. depending
on bus load,
copying from the ADC block to the PRU could take a varying amount of time.
Is that correct?
This would be an issue because sample points could drift and vary in timing.

If that is indeed the case, what would be the best way to ensure consistent
timing?

Thanks in advance!