On 11/16/14, 5:56 PM, "+_+_rh_o_o" <richard_hubb...@lavabit.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:33:20 -0600
>Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Ha! I'm not definitely not frustrated. And as seen in other recent
>> > posts there are other features that may not get needed TI support.
>>
>> Seriously, spit it out, what feature?
>
>Re-read this thread.
>

>> > And I don't care about the graphics. But since you're projecting
>> > I will say that the issue is with TI not imgtec. No one forced
>> > TI to use imgtec. Just like no one forced intel to use it when
>> > they decided on GMA500/Poulsbo.  But instead of crying about it
>> > an intel engineer decided to do a little heavy lifting and wrote
>> > a driver for GMA500.
>>
>> Umm, slightly different. Poulsbo also included the 2d engine, so with
>> out GMA500 driver, no "DISPLAY PERIOD..", in our case we can get video
>> working on mainline, it's just the 3d offload we need the sgx bits
>> for..
>>

>The blame goes to TI. They chose imgtec technology. The best and
>most powerful message to imgtec would have been for TI to say
>"no thanks". But now any BBB owner pays imgtec wittingly or
>unwittingly, but they still pay imgtec indirectly.
>
>I guess it's another sign of the technological dark age where we all
>now preside.
If you feel so strongly about this issue, then direct your efforts to make
a difference. Express your views on IMGTEC developer forums or contact
your TI rep or express your views on TI¹s E2E. We all agree that the lack
of Linux support for IMGTEC IP is a big issue but no one here can make a
difference.

http://forum.imgtec.com/discussion/3394/linux-and-open-source

Regards,
John