in /drivers/mfd/tps65217.c  i believe this is where the magic happens, and
needs to be changed

         if (int_reg & TPS65217_INT_PBI) {
                 /* Handle push button */
                 dev_dbg(tps->dev, "power button status change\n");
               input_report_key(tps->pwr_
but, KEY_POWER,
                             status_reg & TPS65217_STATUS_PB);
             input_sync(tps->pwr_but);