On Sunday, 30 November 2014 20:58:49 UTC, laserg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Since I received my Beaglebone black, I have been wrestling to get it to
> work with any display whatsoever (other than the ones thai *do* work in
> Best Buy)

On my BBB, I hooked up an old 1024x768 VGA monitor to a Cable Matters
Active Micro HDMI to VGA Male to Female Adapter (Model 113048-WHITE) and
this worked perfectly right out of the box with no need for any adjustments
whatsoever. Since I have a remote compilation and debugging toolchain
configured and I mostly work on a remote Ubuntu Linux PC, I find that HDMI
monitors are usually too large for something that just needs to act as a
console.