The beaglebone(s) are a completely different class of embedded "system"
compared to the Arduino. In short, the Arduino *may* be able to do 1/100th
of what the beagelbone(s) can do. Hell, the two PRU's ( Programmable real
time unit ) can do any one thing the Arduino can do up to ~10x faster.

For your suggested use case, the Beagelbone(s) are also better than the
rPI. The rPI is better suited for media type stuff, such as playing video,
etc.

At least one caveat here. There is much more to learn when using an
embedded Linux system. Be it rPI or Beaglebone. if you have Linux
experience you have a head start on this.

Anyway, your question is rather general . . . I would suggest you pick up
reading material for the beaglebone on the web, and perhaps take in a video
or two from youtube,