Hi;

If I understand you correctly, you need to use either “su” or “sudo” but not
both.

If you enter:

sudo . /mksdcard.sh /dev/sdX

It will prompt you for a password.

Just use the password that you used to login.

Bill

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could
do only a little."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmond Burke (1729 - 1797)

http://www.packtpub.com/building-a-home-security-system-with-beaglebone/book