On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Matthijs van Duin
<matthijsvand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 January 2015 at 17:17, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>>
>> I agree. But, the IP owners seem to be worried about someone copying their
>> IP than they are using it and getting royalties.
>

> *stares at the PCIe chapter again and wonders how that would be helpful*  Is
> there some magic PDF-to-VHDL converter? ;-)
>
> But I appreciate it's ultimately not within your (TI's) power to force the
> issue since it's not your IP.

It's the 3rd parties IP, they can do stupid things like that. ;)

> However, you guys are doing the same thing with some stuff that *is* (afaik)
> your IP.  Can we have a real ICEPick-D manual please?  Debug functionality
> is of pretty major importance.
>
> And it's for example also pretty silly that docs on the Centaurus (DM814x)
> ISS and HDVPSS subsystems are not publicly available when almost identical
> instances of ISS are in the public OMAP4/5 TRMs, and HDVPSS appears to be
> similar to Vayu's VIP/VPE/DSS (but much more limited and stuffed into a
> single subsystem). Especially since TI doesn't really seem to be maintaining
> a kernel for the DM81xx series anymore, it would be nice if the necessary
> docs were available for third party efforts.

Check on linux-omap, Tony's been adding DM81xx support..  I think the
problem with lack of mainline DM81xx support, is TI/etc never made a
low cost "BeagleBoard" thus, the community never worked on it. ;)

> IVA-HD has also been lacking public documentation since its appearance in
> the OMAP4 (and subsequently in Netra, Centaurus, and now Vayu).

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/