On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen
<m...@mikini.dk> wrote:

> Hi again Patrick.
>
> On 2015-01-16 16:01, Patrick Schmidt wrote:
>> After I do the clean and configure steps, I am looking for the
>> /include/config.h file but I don't see it anywhere.
>
> You could do like in my mainline patch, add the options to a specific
> am335x file (I used /include/configs/ti_am335x_common.h). What tree
> are you building from?
>
>> Oh and also the runtime config file sounds like something I want to
>>  check out but a google search didn't help me much. Which file
>> would I be editing for this? Thank you!
>
> This option puzzled me too, hadn't thought this was possible, mostly
> because in the boot sequence it seems like the environment is loaded
> after the autoboot prompt.
>
> I haven't tried it yet, but if you got the full source tree look for the
> autoboot documentation in README and doc/README.autoboot.
>
> In Denx's master you can use the env vars "bootdelaykey" or
> "bootstopkey" to disable "any key" autoboot abort. But be sure u-boot is
> built with CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_KEYED defined or else these options will not
> be enabled.
>

> Environment vars are what can be used at boot time to define how u-boot
> should commence booting the OS, besides the options set at compile time.
> The environment is read from the uEnv.txt file residing besides MLO and
> u-boot typically on eMMC/flash or the SD-card. Normally BBB first tries
> the eMMC, then SD. If the boot switch is depressed at powerup (not
> reset) eMMC is skipped (actually SPI is tried instead) and u-boot on
> the SD-card is used.
>

> Anybody know if these options are available and enabled in u-boot on the
> stock BBB images?

The patch-delta used in the BBB images is available here:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/Bootloader-Builder/blob/master/patches/v2015.01/0001-am335x_evm-uEnv.txt-bootz-n-fixes.patch

It's built against the "am335x_evm" u-boot target..

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/