OK, so nothing says I have to be right here, but what really is the
difference between Jessie / Wheezy. In the context of just "us"
(beaglebone's, etc ). Because, the last testing image that I was able to
spend some time with seemed exactly like what I'm imaging Jessie should be.
*EXCEPT* we were still on the Wheezy repo's. BY this, I mean systemd was
installed seemingly by default, and everything I'v eread seems to indicate
that Wheezy systemd is an apt-get install *option*.

Anyway the point I am eluding to for Rick M there is that, if you need
something as close as possible to Jessie, you *could* just apt-get install
linux-image-3.14.xx. Then be "fairly" close. You'd still be on the Wheezy
package repo but . . .