> *I definitely don't need NFS, nor really the ability to build packages on
> the BBB. In fact, I'd love to get to where I'm cross-compiling everything,
> and building a tarball I can easily transfer over. Eventually, I want my
> app to be able to update itself, if not the entire filesystem.*

You're missing the point Rick. You do not NEED NFS, a rootfs can be any
number of places. NFS share, sdcard eMMC, usb harddrive. Whatever. Also,
you do realize how easy it is to move a root file system ? I use NFS *only*
because I do not have to use "destructive" MMC media. While developing.
Well it is also very convenient for being able to serve up multiple root
file systems for various purposes. Anyway, if I could show you people how
easy it is to use NFS shares are to use, then how easy it is to move file
systems around under linux . . .  I'm pretty sure at least half of you out
there would be using multiple forms.

Anyway, yeah, cross compile Nodejs, and then write a blog, and share with
the community/ Personally, I'd rather spend that time doing something else.
It would be awesome if you did, do not get me wrong. But I do not think it
is worth yours, or anyones time.

*Definitely the blog post will be good, and any good documentation on using
> device trees is critically important (there's too much out there about
> 3.8.x, and not enough about how to do it in 3.14+).*

We'll see. Right now I'm out of town and will be for at least a couple more
weeks. It'd very doubtful I will write anything while out on the road.