I think you have three choices:

1.) Downgrade to kernel 3.8, specifically 3.8.13-bone67, which includes the
latest cape manager.
My understanding is that 3.8 is the last kernel that will support the cape
manager, and that it
will be replaced with something different.  If you specifically need the
capemanager, you
must downgrade.

2.) If you are running kernel 3.14 , you will need to build your own device
tree binary,
either by writing your own .dts or using Robert Nelson's dtb-rebuilder.
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:Capes_3.8_to_3.14.
I think there is a branch for 3.18 also, on Robert Nelson's GitHub
repository, so you
can use dtb-rebuilder on 3.18, similar to 3.14, but drawing from a
different branch
of the repository.

3.) Wait for the long term solution, something called ChangeSets. No details
available, yet.

So, BBB is a moving target. I just successfully used dtb-rebuilder for a
custom
cape, and it is easy to use, once you understand it, but documentation is
real
sparse.

--- Graham

==