I am trying to build an application on the Beaglebone Black and I have two
semi-requirements.  One is that I have to use the DS18B20 onewire
temperature sensor.  I will look at others like it, but I have many of
these and they are setup for this project.  The other requirement is that
the application has a windowed interface.  It can either be in qt or in
java, or any other suggestion someone might have.

I have tried the images with the 3.14 kernel and lxqt as the window
environment and it seems like this would work well.  The problem is I can't
seem to find a way to make the temperature sensors work in the newer
kernels.  Everything I can find to make this sensor work uses the cape
manager and the images I have use the universal overlay.  I have even had
people tell me that the sensor doesn't have a driver for the newer kernels
and I'm wasting my time.

I've looked at memory mapped solutions, most use the capemanager, but I
wiould still need to write the one wire protocol and I don't think I'm up
for that.

I either have to go back to the older kernels that support the cape manager
overlay to use the sensors.  I'm stuck with finding a windowed environment
in the older kernel.  Or I have to find a way to access the sensors, or
another sensor in the new kernels.

Any guidance would be very helpful.

Thanks.