In adding Audio Cape (BB-BONE-AUDI-02-00A0) to beaglebone black which also
has LCD4 mounted I receive a GPIO 19 conflict error.

Looking at the dts file I see it has specified exclusive use for gpio1_18
and gpio1_19. In the past I circumvented this error by commenting these two
pins out of the exclusive list and all works fine (doesn't appear that
these pwm pins are used by audio cape)

Now I upgraded debian to 3.8.13-bone70 and in performing upgrade and
setting up new board I forgot to exclude these two pins from dts file
before compiling, only to see the conflict error again.

My problem is that no matter what I do, (edit out pins, compile and copy
new dtbo to /lib/firmware), I keep getting the same conflict error. If I
edit the dts file and change the part number to something else and load it
manually it works so I know the change and compile is valid.

It appears that my original compiled dtbo file is somehow being
cached/persisted through power off/power on and my updated dtbo is not
being 'seen'.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on next steps.

Colin