I have a problem with ttyO4. It looks like something is emptying the uarts
buffer.

When is run two bash scripts at the same time I can send characters and
receive characters at the same time. The two files running parallel look
like this (simplified):

1:
for ((x=0;x<100;x++)); do
    echo -en '\xAA' > /dev/ttyO4
done

2:
for ((x=0;x<100;x++)); do
    read -n 1 -t 1 < /dev/ttyO4
done

Number 1 is sending and I receive the 0xAA at number 2.

Now I try to combine these two files:

for ((x=0;x<100;x++)); do
    echo -en '\xAA' > /dev/ttyO4
    read -n 1 -t 1 < /dev/ttyO4
done

This does not work. So I write one byte and I am to late to receive this
byte. When I use the bash script reading parallel it works again.

The 0xAA received at the RX, where does it go? Why isn't it in the
Beaglebones (hardware) buffer? Is there some linux process reading these
bytes before my own read (from the bash file) is ready to read?